1683 Walnut Grove Avenue Rosemead, CA 91770
We are looking for a AS400 Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large restaurant chain in Los Angeles, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Maximizes up-time, performance and availability of the AS/400 systems. Works closely and shares performance accountability with the Power, Infrastructure, Security, and DBA teams.
- Responsible for message handling, command line utilities, work management, job and print control, device management, system configuration, system security, backup and restore, disaster recovery, file transfer integration, OS and application PTF management, job monitoring and recovery, hardware optimization and planning, and installations and upgrades.
- Responsible for the protection of data. Monitors the High Availability software, role swaps, and disaster recovery for these systems, and trouble shoots any problems or exceptions. Tests the role swaps at various times during the year.
- Provides first-level end-user support to resolve system issues.
- Manages roles and rights to use systems and servers. Manages and maintains Development, QA, Production, and Failover systems and servers.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum five years of AS400 experience, including operations, systems, and work management, and experience with Windows server application administration and support
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business