Application Portal Technical Administrator (Flexera, FNMS)
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Reporting to Sr. Director Enterprise Applications, the candidate will be the primary technical administrator for FNMS and Flexera App Portal. This position is part of Software Governance Operations team that also has an offshore component hence the role will involve some level of onsite offshore coordination.
Main duties include:
- Maintain Flexera FNMS and App Portal Production and non-production environments in compliance with NBCUniversal standards and best practices.
- Evaluate and modify FNMS and AppPortal application technical configuration and integrations as required with changing business needs.
- Create, modify Inventory and/or Business adapters as per the requirements.
- Design and implement technical solutions on Flexera FNMS and App Portal platforms.
- Troubleshoot, identify and implement technical fixes product issues, integration issues, data discrepancy and business reporting.
- Install, maintain agents, execute agent and application upgrades, create, manage customizations to import data, produce reports as needed.
- Assign and manage technical tasks with the offshore team.
- Execute application patch and version upgrades.
- Lead and execute technical tasks, including necessary testing during platform upgrades (example SQL Server DB upgrade), data center migrations and source system upgrades (example, SCCM upgrade)
- Build, enhance and maintain integration using App Portal APIs.
- Ensure all components are optimized, including the Product Use Rights Licenses (PURLs), beacons, data tables etc.
- Ensure the Flexera end-point license usage is optimized.
- Load validated license purchase order details into FNMS from various sources.
- Execute configuration / creation of dashboards, reports.
- Adhere to SDLC best practices to maintain data currency in the appropriate environments, code migrations and requirement traceability.
- Must have at least 5 yrs. Of working experience on FNMS & 2 yrs. Flexera App Portal application
- Must have experience on FNMS & App Portal installation, patch and version upgrades.
- Must have worked as a lead admin on both applications
- Must have experience creating, modifying, troubleshooting Flexera App Portal workflows, using App Portal APIs.
- Must have experience with integrations like Active Directory, CMDB systems, Flexera App Portal, SCCM, JAMF, SAP and other procurement solutions
- Must have hands on experience to augment existing application architecture, to meet business or technical needs. For example, to bring data from new sources into FNMS environment
- Must have experience working / coordinating with Flexera Support on platform issues, bugs and enhancement requests.
- Must have hands on experience working on Windows/Unix/Linux environment
- Should have hands on experience working with Power-shell, SQL Scripts, building Cognos reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, and influence appropriate courses of action.
- Must have hands on experience doing root cause analysis from application logs, identifying sources of data discrepancies and ways to resolve them.
Desired skills include:
- Basic working knowledge of software license management and optimization
- Basic understanding of Web Services
- CITAM / IAITAM / SAM certification(s)