Santa Monica, CA 90404
We are looking for an Audit Manager to support a project for our client that is a large Accounting & Consulting firm in Los Angeles, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The A&A Manager is responsible for managing and supervising multiple engagements in a wide variety of industries, including SEC registrants, client relationships, managing assurance services (financial statement preparation, compilations, and audit and/or review projects), research technical accounting issues, and other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s).
This position offers excellent opportunities for leadership and career advancement to the right candidate. Job duties include:
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards. (SEC/Public Company experience a plus).
- Prepare engagement plans to ensure that the Firm’ s assurance services are accomplished within budget, in accordance with the engagement plan and meet client deadlines.
- Review audit, accounting and reporting issues with the engagement supervisor and inform partners of engagement issues and proposed solutions.
- Review workpapers to ensure completeness, accuracy and accomplishment of engagement goals, overall support of the financial statements and agreement with the Firm’ s policies and procedures.
- Review, including preparation, of financial statements and submit for final review. Discuss draft financial statements with clients and direct engagement supervisors in the review process.
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client. Develop reportable conditions letter and effective suggestions and solutions.
- Review any special reports required for the engagement and submit for final review.
- Ensure engagement compliance with the Firm’ s quality control policies and with attestation standards established by the accounting profession and regulatory agencies.
- Mentor and counsel seniors and staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites
- CPA Certification REQUIRED (Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related equivalent, Active CPA license).
- 6+ years of financial statement auditing experience within a public accounting firm, Big 4 experience a plus.
- Significant supervisory experience (2+ years), including experience in reviewing staff output and supervising team.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in audit and accounting software, Excel, and Word (we are a paperless office).
- Strong research skills using industry standard software and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices within three or more of the following industries: real estate, manufacturing, construction, technology, investment and financial, entertainment, retail, apparel or textiles, international.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, oral, and written communication skills.
- Integrity within a professional environment and a dedication to teamwork, leadership and working collaboratively with staff and management.
We have assembled a competitive compensation package to reward our employees for their efforts, commitment and expertise which includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- 401(k) and other benefit plans
- Paid training opportunities and continuing professional education
- Generous PTO and Holiday Policy
- Continuing education programs
- Reimbursement for CPA review courses
- Reimbursement for professional membership fees
- Casual Dress Office
- Complimentary parking
- Rideshare benefits
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business