Azure Solutions Architect
1855 Gateway Blvd., Suite 730 Concord, CA 94520
Solution Architect – Microsoft Azure
The Azure Architect role is responsible for assessment, planning and design of Azure best practice client infrastructures, including technical documentation for the implementation, support, and migration of resources into Azure.
An expert understanding of cloud migration strategies and the ability to perform migrations (lift and shift, replatforming and refactoring) is required. This person must have a strong understanding of Azure virtual networking and security concepts and including Microsoft’ s automated build of Azure environments (Landing Zone) concepts. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to communicate with a range of client roles including engineers, IT managers and executives.
- Assessment of existing client environment and business requirements
- Perform client facing interview to gather client’ s business and technical requirements
- Working with sales teams to develop client solution strategies
- Design and plan large scale migrations to Azure
- Document existing and future state architecture with functional requirements and specifications
- Research new technology and develop roadmaps
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects
- Design and Plan migrations to Azure as well as execution on those migrations
- Ability to self-manage time and work effort in remote work scenarios
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Visio and Project
- Minimum of 7+ years designing and implementing Azure solutions
- Strong virtual networking knowledge, including SDWAN/VPN/Expressroute
- Strong PowerShell and Python experience
- Knowledge of infrastructure as code and infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform and Ansible
- Understanding of Azure PaaS offerings including database, files and analytics
- Ability to express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively within project teams with other client practices
- Microsoft Certification in relevant areas preferred but not required.