Cisco Diagnostic Engineer
5555 Ontario Mills Pkwy Ontario, CA 91764
The Cisco Contact Center Advanced Diagnostics Engineer is responsible for identifying and resolving complex Cisco Contact Center and Unified Communications, and other associated technology issues, and acting as an escalation point for other Cisco Maintenance Engineers for more complex issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Collaborate and consult with customers, vendors and contractors to provide expert technical solutions in support of Maintenance and Managed Services contracts in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Follow-up with customer contacts to ensure satisfactory resolution.
- Report findings, track progress and document customer communication within incident management system.
- Manage workload in a manner that meets defined Service Level Objectives.
- Demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion.
- Develop positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Other duties as may be assigned to support the CSC.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or equivalent related education and work experience.
- 5 years’ experience supporting Cisco telecommunications hardware and software.
- Cisco Call Manager
- Cisco Voice Portal
- Unified Messaging
- Voice Gateways
- Must possess strong computer skills and excellent working knowledge of general business applications, including MS Word and Excel.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Highly skilled in writing with details, accuracy and consistency
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Superior skill in the use of the Internet, e-mail applications, procurement/inventory systems, maintenance
- Strong work ethic and personal drive to excel
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done
- Superior negotiation, coordination, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to use (and learn new) complex systems, technologies, and applications
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Industry certifications on telephony and associated technology solutions.
- Cisco Certifications
- ITIL Certified
- Five years working experience in the managed services industry
- Hardware and software
- Familiar with both Cisco voice and data equipment and technologies
Less than 10%