Cloud Architect (Azure)
200 Spectrum Center Dr , Ste 2000 Irvine, CA 92618
We are looking for a Azure Cloud Architect to support a project for our client that is a large IT consulting firm in Orange County, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- The primary responsibility will be to act as an Azure Cloud Compliance Subject Matter Expert for a cloud compliance service within engineering with close working relationships with customers, product management, support, delivery, and marketing
- Creates technical content such as compliance analyses, designs, specifications, whitepapers, and technical tools
- Provides consultation, design input, and feedback for product development and design reviews across multiple organizations and architectures
- Collect product feedback from field interactions in order to provide input into Engineering and Product Management to influence product roadmap direction
- Deep industry knowledge and hands-on experience deploying secure Azure solutions
- Deep knowledge of the Azure API / SDKs
- Executive communication skills with internal leaders and to external partners and customers.
- Consulting skills to facilitate workshops, manage messages and drive change.
- Experience in R&D and innovation activities that can be used to drive innovation and growth.
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships
- Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at the most senior organizational levels.
- Firm grasp on cloud security and compliance
- Flexible enough to handle a diverse set of activities daily and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- Must be able to work in a global, complex and diverse environment.
- Bachelor' s, Master' s or PHD degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
- 10+ years relevant experience in the IT industry setting and delivering against technical and business strategy at an advanced level.
- Azure certification in any of the following - Solutions Architect, Developer or Systems Ops / Administration
- 6+ years of in-depth experience in core Azure cloud technologies such as: Azure DevOps, VMSS, Vnet, Azure Load balancer, Azure Application gateway, Azure Private Link, Cosmos DB, Azure Monitor/Application Insights, AKS, Azure Cache, Event Hub, Azure Functions
- 3+ years of experience building cloud automation/orchestration solutions with technologies such as: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, other
- 3+ years designing / implementing highly available cloud/HybridCloud network solutions
- 3+ years of experience in build and CICD technologies: GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, other
- Deep understanding of cloud security experience. Deep understanding of preventative and retrospective controls.
- Deep experience with performance tuning in a cloud environment
- Experience architecting, implementing and managing monitoring solutions for production cloud environments
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business