2455 Faber Place , Ste 200 Palo Alto, CA 94303
We are looking for a Java Developer to support a project for our client that is a Digital Agency in Palo Alto, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Research, implement and modify modern Data Science techniques. More specifically:
- Build Statistical and Machine Learning models that describe the impact of prices and promotions on shopper behavior, including behavioral pricing effects. You’ ll need to find middle ground between using flexible modern AI methods and proven classical methods.
- Develop Optimization and Experiment Design systems, which determine the best prices to set for each product in each store each week. Finding a good balance on the exploration-exploitation tradeoff will be important.
- Design and run pricing experiments across hundreds of stores and tens of thousands of products
- Create model validation methods to make sure that our models are accurate and to quantify the impact of our solutions on the clients’ bottom line
- Work with Product Management to generate ideas and quickly turn them into efficient, well-tested, functioning code (we mostly use Python)
- Partner with the Engineering team to create highly scalable solutions
- Serve as Data Science expert both within this company and for our clients
- Lead custom analyses and connect them to actionable Business and Product insights
- Help prioritize new feature development by assessing potential impact
- Be a go-to resource for science-related questions about the product
- Analytical, framework thinker
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Highly collaborative
- Strong at translating Data Science concepts to non-technical audiences
- Business focused; measures work in its contributions to business outcomes and prioritizes effort against deliverables accordingly
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Data Science and/or Machine Learning with direct impact on business value
- B.S., M.S., or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science or relevant quantitative field
- Ability to write efficient code in Python
- Extremely strong in math and statistics: Linear Algebra, Hypothesis Testing, Bayesian Methods, Regressions, Calculus, Maximum Likelihood Estimation
- Experience in Machine Learning methods: Neural Networks (Deep Learning, Embeddings, Sequence Modeling, CNN), Tree-based methods (GBDT, Random Forest), Regressions (Linear, GLM), Regularization Methods (L1/L2 penalties, Feature Selection, Dimensionality Reduction)
- Experience in A/B testing and Design of Experiments preferred
- Agile experience preferred
- Demand Modeling, Pricing, and Causal Inference experience preferred but optional
- provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business