Los Angeles, CA
- In partnership with application development teams, research, evaluate, and recommend appropriate database solutions for applications being built
- Research, evaluate, recommend, and implement Database performance and monitoring solutions
- Create repeatable and automated process for performing regular system checks on existing production systems. Work with Database team and application teams to address any issues. Measure results.
- Participate in 24/7 support by acting as an escalation point for any production issues for the L1 team
- Partner with application development teams to optimize and utilize best practices for Database usage
- 5+ years hands on experience with MySQL, Aurora, Postgress Databases
- 5+ years hands on experience working with various NoSQL DBs with a preference of MongoDB, Couchase, and DynamoDB
- 5+ years hands on experience architecting, deploying and managing DB solutions in public cloud architectures with a strong emphasis on AWS
- Experience with automation and auto-scaling
- 5+ years of data modeling experience and familiar with ERD tools
- Experience in high transaction environments
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Experience in writing Shell scripts
- Experience analyzing issues from the application tier to database.
- Strong hands on experience with performance tuning DB technologies via DB settings, OS parameters and Database and Table Sharding
- Strong hands on experience managing multi-region deployments (active / active or active / slave) in a public cloud, preferably AWS
- Hands on experience architecting, deploying and managing databases in a container environment such as Kubernetes
- ETL experience with data warehousing is a huge plus
- A self-directed individual who knows what needs to be done given context and operates with urgency, focus and discipline to completion
- Being able to discuss and hear all sides of a debate and adapt to new perspectives that emerge from it.
- Experience working with geographically diverse teams
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or Related Focus