Desktop Support Technician
1600 Campus Rd Los Angeles, CA 90041 US
We are looking for a Desktop Support Technician to support a project for our client that is an established University in Glendale, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Troubleshooting and effectively resolving support calls for college-owned and supported technologies.
- Automated and manual configuration and installation of computing hardware and software.
- Windows OS configuration, support and management.
- Working with other members of the Client Services team to test, establish, and maintain standard practices, processes, and technical components.
- Maintaining an adequate inventory of standard hardware (computers, monitors, printers) and spare parts to allow rapid resolution of hardware troubleshooting calls.
- Sharing in the management, training and supervision of Student Employees.
- Working with members of the Purchasing team to obtain quotes, approvals, and place orders for technology purchases.
- Working with other ITS staff to advise campus members on technology purchases.
- Writing documentation and knowledge base articles on applications and procedures.
- Backing-up front-line HelpDesk staff.
- Building and maintenance of servers in support of client and/or IT services.
- Providing first-level wiring infrastructure support.
- Configuring and supporting campus telecommunications systems.
- Working with external vendors to provide various campus repairs and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience troubleshooting and deploying IT hardware and software in an enterprise environment
- Experience in a personal computer support role, preferably in an academic setting and preferably in a multi-platform network (Windows & Mac).
- Windows OS configuration, management and support in an enterprise environment.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with standard college technologies at a high level.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal form.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Organized with an attention to detail.
- Consistent and diligent in execution of duties.
- Ability to work both independently and as an integral part of a team.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a great deal of intellectual curiosity.
- Approaches issues from a broad perspective and thinks strategically.
- Independent learner and researcher.
- Flexible, able to respond to unexpected emergencies.
- Executes all tasks in a timely manner.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Carlos has recruited in multiple sector’s including Accounting & Finance, HR, Convention Services, and Supply Chain & Logistics. Carlos has a passion for helping others make life changing career moves. Most recently Carlos made his own move into Technology where he plans to apply his 6 years of experience. On his off time, you will find Carlos playing adult league baseball on Sundays and grilling food on the weekends with his friends and family. He also, volunteers with JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates) and speaks to high school students on how to build out resumes for entry level positions.