10220 Aristocrat Way Las Vegas, NV 89135
We are looking for a Sr. DevOps Architect to support a project for our client that is a large gaming company in Las Vegas, NV.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of company’ s strategic business plans
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’ s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy and best practices
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Provide architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to all teams
- Research, develop, document, recommend, and communicate plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility
- Work closely with Project Managers, business users, and stakeholders across various projects to understand functional and technical aspects of projects, ensuring adherence to Architecture principles
- Provide portfolio governance and oversight to drive lifecycle optimization and alignment across all initiatives
- Present ideas with qualitative and quantitative findings and ensure all projects follow quality and security standards
- Model business and systems processes based on findings through use case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Develop and manage a systems capacity plan including key performance metrics documented
- Review new and existing IT projects and systems designs for compliance with IT standards and architectural plans
- Understand interoperability issues and the strengths and weaknesses of platforms and products with the ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table
- Thorough understanding of cloud-based system integration, Enterprise Data Security, and Enterprise Architecture Governance
- Modeling skills including business, process, requirements, security, applications, software, data, or technology
- Bachelor’ s degree in computer science, information systems management or related field
- Requires a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with Casino Management Systems and Casino Operations.
- 8 or more years of experience delivering DevOps functionality both on premise and Cloud is a MUST.
- 5 or more years of experience working in a technical architect capacity, most recent role included
- 5 or more years creating effective frameworks and process models to establish enterprise-wide technical architecture and architecting high volume, scalable transactional systems
- Proven track record creating a common architecture vision and implementing the strategic alignment between lines of business and IT
- Demonstrated competency in communicating the value of enterprise architecture to stakeholders and senior management
- 5 or more years of experience with SOA, security, and/or data architecture practices required
- Experience in SDLC processes, architectural patterns, and development frameworks
- 5 or more years of experience with design of C# and .NET technologies or equivalent OO languages
- 5 or more years of experience with tools like: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc.
- 3 or more years of experience with design of Micro Service Architectures
- 5 or more years of experience with cloud-based architecture (ideally Microsoft Azure, GCP or AWS)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and conduct executive-level presentations
- Self-directed with the ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business