300 N Pacific Coast Hwy , Ste 1060 El Segundo, CA 90245
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large manufacturing company in El Segundo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Contribute improvements within EZR’ s product, and our core infrastructure with custom integration solutions, automation, and scripts, including enhancements, interfaces, functions, and features by assessing relevant needs with teams across EZR
- Gather requirements, prototype, help architect, plan, estimate, implement or update design and implementation of product build, release, deployment, and configuration
- Assist in defining, creating, and updating DevOps and quality guidelines, operation manuals, processes, and standards
- Contribute to ongoing efforts to review current software stack and SDLC processes and tools, identifying opportunities to increase efficiency, implementing improvements to enable scale as we grow
- Able to quickly learn EZR’ s current and planned capabilities, the scope of a specific implementation, integration and customization efforts, and customer’ s business objectives and success criteria
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve application(s) security and performance utilizing Application Performance Monitoring or security monitoring tools
- Perform root cause analysis for production system errors
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by company policies and standards
- Strong ownership with a sense of urgency, and drive to launch services
- 24/7 on-call duties for production systems
- Hands-on experience with AWS services for a SaaS product: EC2, RDS, ECS, S3, Route53, Cloudwatch, IAM, Athena, Glue, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Excellent organization skills, with strong attention to detail
- Should be able to work in dynamic, non-highly structured environment
- Must be able to manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Should demonstrate a desire to learn & expand skill set
- Must exhibit ethical conduct and behavior
- Prefer Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering, or (Work equivalent) related field
- 5+ years’ work experience in Database Administration and DevOps or similar software engineering role
- Advanced experience and knowledge and administration of Linux/Unix, Microsoft SQL, MySQL, NoSQL environments
- Recent experience with Docker, Universal Container Runtime and Kubernetes
- Willing to relocate to Los Angeles within 6 months to 1 year.
- Ability to travel to Los Angeles as needed.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business