Irvine, CA 92618
We are looking for a candidate who can take ownership of key architecture decisions. In this role, the SRE/DevOps Engineer will design, build, test, and deploy highly scalable and resilient cloud-based applications. We are looking for a candidate who has built a high availability SaaS offering in Amazon Web Services (AWS) before and has deep expertise with AWS, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)/ Dev Ops Job Duties:
As an SRE/DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Help teams understand and improve system quality through automation, maturity of existing tools and processes, and adoption of new technologies.
- Strong understanding of priority based on business needs
- Develop and integrate core DevOps tools for all development teams such as collaboration tools, software artifact and source code repository, application logging dashboards, monitoring and alerting capabilities, CI/CD pipelines, and more.
- Embrace and promotes a mentality of continuous improvement
- Automation, maturity, and adoption of:
- Deployment pipelines
- Test frameworks
- QE Processes
- QE Tooling
- System architecture
- Test reliability
- Monitoring, alerting, and reporting
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of progressively responsible software development, testing, and/or systems architecture and DevOps experience
- Required prior experience building a high availability SaaS offering in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Deep expertise with AWS, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud
- Experience designing and implementing end to end Continuous Delivery pipelines.
- Knowledgeable in the tools and techniques that support building using a DevOps approach.
- Deep AWS, Azure, or Google public cloud experience in a production environment.
- Experience integrating automated testing into CI/CD pipelines
- Application Development release automation experience
- Load and performance testing design experience
- Experience scripting in bash/powershell/python
- Experience improving overall system health with microservices
- Experience with root cause analysis of persistent problems
- Experience collaborating across multiple functional/technical teams to deliver a project.
- Demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
- Ability to communicate with clients on a business level and translate their needs into a technical solution
Kuberneties / Docker
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business