Director of Data Engineering
201 E. Sandpointe Ave , Ste 600 Santa Ana, CA 92707
We are looking for a Director of Data Engineering to support a project for our client that is a large Healthcare Technology firm in Orange County, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Responsible for our the integrity and strategy around our data platform(s) in a scrum/agile environment
• Strategic and tactical leadership to influence and develop all related data services
• Architect, review, and implement database schema for healthcare web & mobile applications in Postgres SQL
• Define the data & analytics strategy across Latch to promote a self-service data culture within our growing organization
• Design and implement a modern data architecture for business intelligence reporting and analytics, including that for machine learning models & data science to ensure effectiveness, scalability, and reliability
• Responsible for architecture, performance, scalability, high availability, automated deployments, monitoring, and security to deliver the best data warehouse experience to our internal and external stakeholders
• Engage with other Engineering teams on planning data systems to design well-architected data platforms
• Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes, and design data audits to capture issues
• Influence and communicate with all levels of stakeholders including analysts, developers, business users, and executives.
• Develops and uses analytics to influence product development, tell stories through surfacing data around product usage and customer behavior
• Advanced knowledge with database design (RDBMS & NoSQL) and Python
• Experience with CI/CD including CI/CD for database development to influence data strategy
• Digital healthcare agency & HIPPA compliant application experience is highly preferred
• BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Understand end-to-end data interactions, dependencies, and transformations across complex data pipelines and how they impact business decisions through world class analytics
• Experience running databases for health care and high traffic applications.
• Experience leading, influencing and developing data engineering teamsis highly preferred
• 5 - 7 years of experience with Snowflake, Aurora PostgresSQL, and DynamoDB
• Experience working with ML solutions, ETL/workflow frameworks (FiveTran, Prefect, or Matillion)
• Hands-on experience with Amazon SageMaker, AWS and ECS/EKS
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business