Director of Marketing and Communications
1261 Broadway, Suite 200 New York, NY 10001
The Director of Marketing & Communications role is new for our client. We are looking for an experienced leader to manage our growing team and to develop and execute the strategy for all internal and external marketing and communication efforts. This includes building brand awareness, driving leads, and positioning our products, services, and company as a leader in digital experiences.
You will play a key role in managing both the product and services marketing and messaging, optimizing our existing demand generation engine, and running rapid experiments to discover new, profitable channels for the business. You will define the company’ s internal and external communication strategy and own all of its communication channels including web, social, PR and events.
- “ T-Shaped” marketer who is proficient in most areas of marketing while being able to go deep in some specific areas of focus like demand gen, product marketing and content marketing
- Background in B2B custom software services, sports, and SaaS Product Marketing
- Able and willing to write copy for internal and external communications, including web content for SE, testimonials, case studies, etc.
- Understands and employs marketing automation tools
- Developed and managed channel and target specific marketing budgets up to $500, 000. Leverages a product roadmap, events, and seasonality to develop effective marketing campaigns and content calendars
- Analyzed the environment, industry, competition, and customers to optimize Product-Market fit.
- Demonstrated the ability to optimize spend across multiple channels to improve ROI using data (cost per MQL, OKRs based on funnel projections, customer acquisition cost, etc.)
- Brings modern content & social marketing tactics that improve SEO, nurture leads, and help create Marketing Qualified Leads for the sales team
- Understands technical concepts and is able to explain them to audiences of varying technical expertise
- Brings a passion for people and experience in recruiting and enabling top talent
- Help grow and manage our marketing department. Identify and recruit talent within and outside the organization and manage a high-performing integrated marketing team.
- Create and own the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for new and existing products & service offerings. This individual will set clear objectives and goals, research and define target audiences, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption. You will also conduct customer research and apply your insights to these and other initiatives.
- Develop a scalable growth strategy via direct sales channels with simultaneous evaluation of other sales and distribution channels for our products and services, i.e. channel partnerships. This includes:
- Be responsible for MQL, SQL, opportunity and revenue targets
- Drive strategic goals, projects and core marketing activities towards objectives
- Definition, measurement and reporting of the performance of all paid marketing channels and campaigns including the evaluation based on ROI and KPI goals
- Manage customer segmentation strategy and develop intelligent attribution modeling to ensure that the right audience is addressed
- Set and manage a budget, including weekly optimization of that budget
- Collaborate and lead across the organization. This individual will represent the voice of the customer within the organization, bringing your insights to cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, user experience, engineering, and executive leadership. The role will also lead and mentor a growing team of marketers across a broad set of functions including product marketing, partner marketing, content, and brand.
- Develop and drive our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audiences. This individual will promote the company and its products and services to the press, primary target audiences, and current clients. This role will also oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels and develop and refine our content marketing strategy and related asset creation.
- Drive internal awareness and alignment on strategic initiatives by developing and deploying an internal communications strategy.
- Brings 7+ years in B2B marketing and communications management experience for a SaaS product growth company, agency or digital solutions company
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Full understanding of the digital landscape, ideally with expertise in digital content for things like OTT, digital video, mobile application development, etc.
- Well-developed time management, organizational and follow-through skills
- A strong customer focus and ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, and communication
- Financial acumen and business management skills
- Proficient in sales and marketing technology, including Salesforce or similar CRM and sales collaboration management software, as well as other critical demand generation tools (Hubspot, DemandBase, etc.)
- BS/BA degree required
What we offer
We offer access to the exciting world of sports, media and entertainment, high profile clients, and competitive compensation package with attractive benefits.
- An exciting position where you can have fun and create value
- Excellent opportunities for further personal and professional growth
- Being part of an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast growing company
- Market comparable remuneration package
- Competitive salary and yearly bonus
- Fully covered medical insurance
- Weekly Happy Hours and periodic team activities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Work in a high-growth, energetic environment