Engineering Manager - Java/Microservices
Engineering Manager, Java/Microservices
Next generation consumer insights platform providing the highest quality consumer data to the world' s largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, and building a highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn a concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable and innovative software.
What You Will Do:
- Manage an Agile process that consistently delivers a quality product to customers.
- Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the business, and themselves.
- Partner up with your team’ s Product Manager in planning and preparing your team’ s backlog.
- Mentor, coach, and assist team members to be productive and efficient contributors.
- Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear and we’ re instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery.
- Create proposals for the creation and modification of our processes and technology roadmaps in your designated area.
- Work with our Technical Program Managers to navigate inter-team dependencies, identify critical paths and plan release trains.
- Lead interviews to find the next great engineer or leader.
What You Bring to the Table:
- 10+ years in software engineering with 3+ years of recent hands-on experience managing software engineering teams, preferably with knowledge of technologies/languages in Java 8+, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Expertise with modern frameworks such as Spring Boot, Akka, etc.
- Experience with building, maintaining and scaling microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, design patterns, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures, process creation and enablement.
- Established track record of being the go-to person for your teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions to ensure you’ re always in the loop and your teams always have what they need to be successful.
- Experience optimizing software delivery through the use of metrics to ensure your team is always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate details about the technical practices in software engineering in a way that makes sense and resonates with our customers and other departments in the business.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing the downstream effect on performance and morale.
Ideal Individuals Will Have:
- A unique experience in microservice architectures, real-time or massively distributed systems, big data, analytics or AI, or public cloud/PaaS systems like AWS.
- Demonstrated above-average communication skills to the point where we feel that, not only can you talk to engineers, but to the CEO, our customers and everyone in between.
- Successful experience leading measurable and, preferably, dramatic improvements in the engineering practices and execution of software teams and that you have the passion and drive to do it again.
- Problem solving skills; show that you are a person who, not only solves problems but anticipates them, and moves quickly to provide solutions without needing to be asked.
- Shared stories about your leadership and how you got your teams to not only believe they could achieve more than they thought possible, but they actually did it.
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% covered Medical/Dental/Vision for employee
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible work hours
- Catered lunches 3x' s a week
- Stocked pantry
- Happy Hours
- Onsite Fitness Program
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Quarterly Offsite' s
- Life Insurance
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program