Enterprise Data Architect
El Segundo, CA
We are looking for an Enterprise Data Architect to support an immediate need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
- Our client is looking to bring onboard an Enterprise Data Architect to be part of our data engineering team that manages their data platform and services across on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
- Their Enterprise Data Architect will be playing a transformational role in setting the strategy, technical direction and driving the adoption of their next generation data platforms balancing their strategic enterprise objectives with operational constraints.
- This highly visible position will be front and center as they work to continuously modernize their solutions and change the way they think about and apply data in solutions across our architecture.
- A promising candidate for this position must possess both a deep and wide background in data technologies operating on a spectrum of data technologies ranging from traditional (RDBMS) and non-traditional (NoSQL) platforms, alongside semi-structured and un-structured data sources.
- This role is responsible for designing, maintaining and communicating scalable data solutions that enable the delivery of high-quality modern products and services.
- The Enterprise Cloud / Data Architect will influence and direct different teams to implement and deploy enterprise data models.
- As a key member of our architecture committee, this role will play a strategic role in driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences.
- Their data infrastructure is operating on AWS cloud and their data platform comprises of technology stacks built leveraging Amazon RDS, Snowflake, Fivetran and Tableau in addition to integration with an array of external data-sources that have their underlying glue code written in Python and Shell scripts.
- Our front-end services are powered by CloudFront while their back-end micro-services are containerized and deployed with Docker on AWS ECS.
- Upon joining our team this person will start gaining an understanding of our business domain, current state of our data architecture and then defining and presenting the target state architecture and strategy to the architecture committee.
- Leverage business and domain acumen to interpret and translate business requirements to architecture/technology plans.
- Provide guidance and creation of enterprise data profiling reports for all databases. These reports shall be used by project teams to determine the quality of data as well as assist in source to target mappings.
- Drive towards adoption of the target state architecture by executing on the strategy. Must possess the leadership qualities necessary to drive change and adoption of the strategy.
- Work as the Technical Product Owner in partnership with our Business Stakeholders to define the technical strategy for our data driven products and application.
- Provide technical and architectural oversight for systems and projects that are required to be reliable, massively scalable, highly available (99.999% uptime), and maintainable.
- Identification of data conversion and translation strategies - Define, maintain and enforce the use of standardized enterprise data element names, abbreviations, definitions, characteristics, and domains. (This includes elements/definitions used in Sidecar Health’ s software applications and all derived, summarized and calculated elements found in data reporting tools/repositories.) Mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework and managing data/message requirements in an Enterprise Application Integration environment for Middleware layer.
- Provide guidance and supervision of implementing and maintaining a Data and enterprise Meta Data strategy. This includes recommendations on a multiple phase release plan for different subject areas as well as potential future use of meta data and the toolsets across the enterprise data structures.
- Establishing/enforcing information architecture and the data components of a Systems Development Lifecycle e.g. Entity relationship diagrams, Data flow diagrams, documenting external interfaces, Business Process and enterprise modeling/mapping artifacts to a data architecture framework; stratifying data for Data Management purposes.
- Develop conceptual, logical, and physical data models with associated metadata including data lineage and technical data definitions. Creation of source to target mapping at the element level including specifications for data integrity, referential integrity, CRUD diagrams, etc.
- Lead efforts to implement a reference data and enterprise-wide master data management (MDM) strategy.
- Build and lead the data-architecture practice in support of strategic business and IT goals. Effectively work across team boundaries to establish data architecture and provide guidance to individual teams.
- Work closely with our BI and Data Warehousing teams in design and develop end to end robust, scalable data ingestion pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical and reporting needs of the various business organizations.
- Work closely with the Data & Analytics team to help them in building the backend solutions for reporting, dashboarding, and analysis.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the technology teams.
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or similar. Master’ s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in enterprise-scale data warehousing, data architecture, and/or data engineering environments.
- 5+ years of SQL (AWS RDS, Snowflake, etc.) experience is required.
- 5+ years of hands-on data modeling experience, especially dimensional data modeling.
- 3+ years working as an Enterprise Data Architect with a good understanding of Enterprise Architecture as a practice.
- Experience with Multi-Tenant Database Architecture. Hands-on Experience with Hadoop, Map/Reduce, Parquet, Impala, Hive, Spark (Retrieve/Transform data from a variety of sources, be it Parquet, Impala/Kudu etc.)
- Experience with Enterprise Data Governance, Big Data Solutions, Master data management, Data Privacy and Security, Machine Learning, and Data Pipeline Operations.
- Experience with building analytic solutions applicable to Accounting and Finance, Sales, Operations, Product, and Marketing organizations in an enterprise.
- Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, metadata management.
- Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools along with a drive to automating repetitive tasks using programming languages like Java, Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights and must possess professional and negotiating skills as well as the ability to function successfully in a team and results oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and experience in maintaining and deploying data solutions that are HA, FT and operate alongside DR systems at scale.
- Partnering with CTO and CISO office in building data governance and compliance framework including managing the objectives, approach, repeatable and scalable processes, policies and procedures to ensure enterprise-wide adherence to retention and deletion schedules.
- Technical program management and/or privacy engineering experience and/or compliance monitoring/auditing experience.
- Experience working on Healthcare applications and system that operate under HIPAA guidelines.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.