Firmware Engineer (Hybrid)
19850 Magellan Dr Torrance, CA 90502 US
We are looking for a Firmware Engineer to support a project for our client that is a home improvement company in Torrance, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, design and review firmware for new products and prototypes
- Modify firmware for improved product performance and the addition of new features
- Troubleshoot firmware/hardware related issues/improvements that arise during production
- Work with Mechanical and QC engineers to investigate, test, and make improvements
- Evaluate new technology platforms for new product feasibility/validation
- Communicate with technical vendors during product development
- BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree. MS preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a firmware engineer in the consumer electronics industry
- Experience with developing firmware for various micro-controllers such as PIC, ARM-Cortex Core – STM32 series (MUST HAVE)
- Fluency in C/C++ (MUST HAVE)
- Familiarity with RTOS based software architecture
- Experience with peripheral communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, PWM)
- Experience with wireless connectivity such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Experience with acoustics microphone/speaker integrations
- Experience with touch screens display integrations
- Experience with Linux/Android based processor software development
- Ability to understand hardware schematics
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with internal and external partners to solve problems creatively
- A hands-on approach to quickly evaluate and test out prototypes and solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communications
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Carlos has recruited in multiple sector’s including Accounting & Finance, HR, Convention Services, and Supply Chain & Logistics. Carlos has a passion for helping others make life changing career moves. Most recently Carlos made his own move into Technology where he plans to apply his 6 years of experience. On his off time, you will find Carlos playing adult league baseball on Sundays and grilling food on the weekends with his friends and family. He also, volunteers with JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates) and speaks to high school students on how to build out resumes for entry level positions.