Jr Systems Engineer (Hybrid)
450 7th Avenue , Ste 503 New York, NY 10123 US
We are looking for a Jr Linux Engineer to support a project for our client that is a Managed Security Consultancy in New York, NY.
- Experience with medium to large scale production environments.
- High level of knowledge of Linux systems and services, particularly network services such as iptables, bind, quagga, etc
- Strong skills in scripting and development of systems automation tools (using bash, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with any of Hiera, Redis, or Postgres a plus
- Familiarity with Git or other version/code management a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on Linux Systems Administration experience
- Experience with log analysis, monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. Splunk/Sensu/etc)
- Excellent understanding of networking including TCP/IP, routing, routing protocols, firewalls, VLANs, and VPNs (both SSL and IPSEC)
- Experience with AWS EC2 services.
- Experience with systems automation (e.g. Puppet/Chef/Ansible/Salt), Puppet experience a plus.
- Solid grasp of security concepts and technologies.
- Ability to work as a team as well as individually
- Comfortable working in a small company where you may be asked to wear multiple hats.
- Experience with lower powered devices and system tuning.
- Understanding of virtualization, experience with QEMU/KVM,
- Experience with payment processing or PCI a plus
- CISSP, or other Security certificates is a plus
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Los Angeles, Penina is a natural in the recruiting world. Graduating with a BA in Psychology, she loves to get to know people and enjoys bringing out the best in them with her positive energy. She channels her love for helping people into her work- her favorite part of her job is the long lasting relationships she builds with her candidates. When not working, she enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her bunny. Penina also enjoys visiting local parks and going on weekend camping trips.