Junior Cyber-Security Analyst
Woodland Hills, CA
Junior Cyber-Security Analyst
The Junior Cyber Security Analyst reports to the Vice President Security Operations. Candidate must be highly motivated individual with experience working with security solutions in an enterprise environment. This position handles vendors that provide incident response and services, provides network and system forensics in support of investigations and global security incident response activities. This position works closely with IT, application teams and business units. This role will allow learning and growth on various and security technologies. The Junior Security Analyst will support other efforts in the SecOps & Business Resiliency team and work closely with other team members in the Global Security Office.
- Work closely within the Security Operations team to help manage, maintain, design, configure, and document security tools, systems, and processes including, but not limited to, the following:
- Administer security tools and technologies
- Maintain systems (Linux, Windows, etc.) E.g. install security patches, OS updates, etc.
- Collect and analyze systems and application security logs
- Ensure compliance with internal policies, standards and regulatory requirements
- Perform forensics activities and root cause analyses
- Review security monitor logs from all systems (Firewalls, OS’, Email, IDS, Splunk etc...), and take action to mitigate any threats based on findings
- Participate in architecting design, development, and implementation of any new application or service
- Conduct vulnerability assessments, review and confirm vendor suggested vulnerability remediation as needed
- Assessing and triaging potential security incidents. Coordinating and leading response to high impact security incidents.
- Lead efforts to detect and analyze malicious software and work with vendors and teams
- Lead projects, planning, controlling, executing and closing assigned projects to produce required deliverables.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong desire to perform as an incident responder and handle investigating, triaging, analyzing and reporting
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to learn new technology and concepts quickly
- Knowledge about exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of security operations, safety practices in a business environment and enforcement of procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines across a global enterprise
- Experience with information security SIEMs, vulnerability scanners and application scanners
- Must be proficient with Linux administration
- Ability to construct basic Boolean logic and regex search strings
- Programming and scripting using Python, Linux shell scripts, regex, a plus
- 2+ years of systems engineering experience and cybersecurity work, preferably in an entertainment industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prioritization and problem-solving skills
- Four-year degree preferred, Associate Degree in Information Security, industry certification, or work equivalent