Lead System Administrator
The Lead Systems Administrator will lead customer s accounts, owning the responsibility to ensure the stability of the server and storage environments. Troubleshooting issues as they arise, but leading the drive to make recommendations that will reduce incident occurrence and meet the accounts business needs. Ideal candidate should be someone who enjoys and can lead the design, architecture, planning of Data Center environments and feels strongly not only about building large enterprise solutions but also complex migrations and scaling Data Center infrastructure to the next level. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility and be willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to cover specific Accounts, scheduling requirements or projects.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and support servers, load balancers, storage arrays, NAS, and related storage devices
- Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
- Accurately document procedures, configurations, trouble descriptions and problem resolution
- Work with and provide support to developers to implement solutions as needed, release code, and creatively solve problems
- Participate in incident management and problem resolutions in a timely fashion, escalate issues as needed
- Document all work actions as required by company and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with the company, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and connect technical issues
- Perform advanced systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, Office products and patching technologies.
- 3+ years managing Linux or UNIX based systems.
- 5+ years working in a 24/7 environment.
- 5+ years experience with VMware and virtualization technologies.
- 3+ years experience with storage technologies, NAS & SAN.
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python, PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, PowerShell, or similar.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.E. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.).
- Ability to travel up to 20%, when needed.
- MCSA Certification required, MCSE certification preferred
- Demonstrated skill in working effectively with people of all technical levels including conflict resolution, collaborative problem solving, and responsive customer service is required.
- Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred.
- Current VMware, Microsoft, or EMC certifications are highly desirable but not required.
- Must be amenable to additional hours and days beyond regular schedule to provide time-off coverage for co-workers on short notice.
- Must be flexible and able to transport themselves to Customers locations as needed.
- Must be available for on call rotation for after hours support, one week out of every eight.