Presales Solutions Engineer
Pre-sales Solutions Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Solutions Engineer supports all verticals and technology solutions on behalf of our client. They should have hands-on experience in current technologies as well as working knowledge of emerging technologies. The Solutions Engineer works with their Solutions Architecture team to assist with the development of solutions on all aspects of application software, infrastructure and related technology components. Their primary objective is to ensure the timely completion of pre-sales deliverables.
The Solutions Engineer is a technology generalist who assists with producing integrated or converged designs across multiple offers, supporting documentation and product demonstrations in support of the sales personnel. In addition to being viewed as a trusted technical advisor to the client, the Solutions Engineer will also share responsibility for solution design, business development, and transition of projects from pre-sales to delivery, and sales support.
This role requires strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills to be successful while engaging clients and colleagues. This role requires strong technical writing skills and ability to partake in scope of work determination, product pricing and RFP/RFI responses, client workshops, Visio diagrams and design efforts. The individual works closely with the sales and pre-sales team throughout this process and will assist in all areas of technical and sometimes non-technical requests.
- Fully understands company' s market positioning, vision and solution value add
- Works as part of the sales and engineering teams to validate pricing requirements, as well as provides presentations, configurations and product demonstrations as a valuable part of the sales solutions team
- Assists the sales and engineering teams to produce an integrated design, support documentation and accurate pricing quotations to support the sales team
- Works with the sales teams on client proposals and all relevant pre-sales deliverables (BOM, SOW, and Diagram)
- Works together with Sales and Project Management teams, when necessary, to define roadmap and milestones for each project and the required involvement of delivery team.
What a Successful Week Will Consist of:
- Document high level solutions from Solutions Architects
- Perform deal registration, build Bill of Materials, develop a scope of work, and labor estimation
- Attend regular meetings with AEs to perform account review and strategies to expand areas of business
- Kept abreast of new and emerging technologies and trends
- Bachelor’ s degree or related experience, or equivalent corporate training
- Minimum of 3-5 years recent industry pre-sales solutions engineer or sales engineer experience, track record of selling advanced technology solutions
- 3-5 years’ experience with Network Equipment
- Design experience of basic VoIP systems, wireless, switching and routing
- Mid-level certification required (CCNP/MCSA/ACSA)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to relay technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel
- Must be able to work independently to gather requirements and translate those into solutions
- Ability to read, understand and interpret RFPs/Specifications/Drawings
- Ability to develop designs to improve functionality of existing systems
- Attention to Detail
- Proactive problem solving
- Understanding of project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced Cisco, Aruba, or HP certifications are a plus