3767 Overland Ave #104, Los Angeles, CA 90034
Our client is seeking an experienced Project Manager who can lead cross-functional teams to deliver custom solutions for our clients, all of whom are leaders in the sports, media and entertainment industries. In this role, the Project Manager will manage client and vendor relationships to deliver enterprise solutions composed of responsive websites and mobile applications. This role will be based in our Los Angeles office.
Our Project Managers are enthusiastic problem solvers who thrive on being engaged in all levels of a project. To be successful, Project Managers must be able to guide both the client and the internal team to ensure both the tone of the engagement and delivery are on track. They must think quickly under pressure, motivate their teams, and own the timely and accurate delivery of engagements. The ability to read between the lines, anticipate issues, and communicate consistently and accurately across various project channels are key requirements.
- Manage enterprise projects throughout all phases of the delivery lifecycle (initiation, scoping, execution, release, maintenance)
- Manage timelines, budgets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Manage cross-functional project teams distributed over different geographic locations
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across projects based on scope of work and project goals
- Create project plans that include the critical details to successfully delivery the project such as: risks, dependencies, accountable parties, business sign-off, among others
- Collaborate with the other Product Managers to ensure scope, budget, timeline, risks and issues are monitored and controlled throughout the project
- Work closely with the Engineering Team to ensure our engineers deliver products and features that meet the stakeholder and technical requirements
- Actively monitor project risks and scope to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions, refinement opportunities and deliver improvements
- Facilitate weekly project meetings to ensure strong communication and alignment across the project team and leadership
- Measure project and team performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques. Leverage this data to create insights to improve the team’ s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, charts, and dashboards
- Manage testing with the Product team and Client during the User Acceptance Testing phase of the project development lifecycle.
- Work with and manage external partners and vendors to achieve the new product development goals of the organization
- Manage project health, specifically the project allocated hours, budget and team performance
- Build and manage client partnerships that drive client satisfaction and retention.
- Acts as a client point-of-contact for all day-to-day project related issues
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Proactively forecast clients’ needs, and correctly set expectations.
- Track client feedback and integrate that input into improvements to our relationship and delivery process.
- Support the commercial initiatives: pre-sale, proposal, high level estimates; contracts; change orders; etc.
- Regularly present to business stakeholders, ensuring they are kept up to date, expectations are managed and key dependencies are addressed
- 4+ years project management experience
- 3+ years’ experience working with enterprise clients / projects
- Advanced understanding of project management methodology including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings.
- Advanced client management skills with the ability to build strong, lasting relationships
- Advanced experience developing high-traffic mobile or web solutions for projects that have aggressive timelines
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach across role areas
- Advanced experience managing cross-functional teams of 8-12 delivering responsive web or mobile projects
- Experience with hands-on technical delivery.
- Highly detail-oriented while managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and presentation skills.
- Preferred: PMP Certification (or equivalent)
- Preferred: Sports fan
- Some travel might be required