El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a QA Automation Manager to support an immediate need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This will be a hands-on QA Automation Manager with a start-up mindset combined with a deep passion to deliver high-quality software.
- This hire will be working alongside a dynamic team that is disrupting the healthcare industry.
- As a gatekeeper of quality, this position will play a critical role in their product development process.
- In addition to an exceptional ability to understand the thought process that went into the design and development of our underlying software platform, their ideal candidate should have a perfect blend of software developer and QA automation skill sets.
- Establishing a test strategy for company' s technology platform comprising of various APIs, mobile and web applications
- Work with the product team in reviewing user story requirements and provide timely feedback, identifying underlying test cases, and collaborate with the team members in design, and implementation of both manual and automation test plans
- Identify, isolate and document the origin of bugs in their software and outline the steps to reproduce them in bug tracking system
- Continuously integrate automated test suites with their CD pipeline thereby enhancing the automation framework as well as expanding the automation coverage.
- Assist with prioritization of testing tasks based on goals and risks of projects and ensure testing milestones, activities and tasks are completed as scheduled
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Leading the QA Team and developing and executing QA Test Plan, while being responsible for the product delivery
- Passionate about owning the design & implementation of the test automation strategy, tools and technologies needed to support QA goals and initiatives
- Deep knowledge of testing methodologies and current industry trends and use that knowledge in building the test strategy and offer recommendations
- Strong experience with programming languages like Java, Ruby or Python as well as good understanding of databases (relational, dimensional and flattened)
- Pair with developers for code-review sessions and not hesitate to roll-up their sleeves and debug the code if needed
- Experience with regression, performance and load testing
- Ability to write test automation scripts for RESTful APIs, user interface (UI) testing using tools such as Selenium, WebDriver, Appium and/or SOAPUI
- Write and manage test cases in a test case management tool such as TestRail
- Understand and communicate testing impact of scope changes / project change requests to the project management team both from a timeline/cost and a risk perspective
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form
- BA/BS in related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- 2+ years of testing mobile applications
- 5+ years of experience in UI automation.
- Knowledge of Java, Node JS, Python
- Knowledge working with Jenkins, Jira, GIT or any other version control system, experience with CI/CD systems
- Experience working in a fast paced/startup environment
- Bachelor of Master’ s degree in CS
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business