Seal Beach, CA
- Post daily bank activity and reconcile bank accounts daily.
- Post investment purchase and sale activity.
- Post remittances from loan servicers.
- Assist in the month-end close through preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Perform analysis and reconciliation of key general ledger accounts.
- Prepare schedules for use in preparation of financial statements and accompanying footnotes.
- Prepare schedules to support external audits.
- Prepare schedules for use by external tax preparers.
- Act as liaison with external tax preparers and tax agencies.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Other Ad Hoc duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years of general ledger accounting work experience.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in accounting for mortgages desired.
- Experience in working for asset managers/investment managers desired.
- Experience in working in a fast paced, high transaction volume environment desired.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially with Excel, required.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains desired but not required. Experience with other large accounting systems desired.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.