Senior Android Engineer
El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to support an immediate project need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, develop & prototype Android native customer applications for phones and tablets for internal and external use.
- Participate in full app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to app store.
- Work with product teams on new product ideas, designs, prototypes and estimates.
- Keep up-to-date on current and upcoming features in relevant products and platforms.
- Drive a best practices approach to the continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools.
- Write and maintain documentation for all features in development.
- Willingness and ability to work in a startup environment
- 5+ Years of Android experience
- Developer with strong analytical and technical ability with over 5 to 8 years of experience in consumer Mobile app development using Android.
- Motivated self-starter with a high attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in Android (i.e., designs new templates, tests styles/sheets, fixes bugs; collaborates heavily with core team members (especially UX and Design), create logical data models, interaction paradigm with UI elements)
- App deployment and approval process
- Demonstrated interest in technology, technology-related issues and analytical analysis.
- Knowledge and experience with exposed services (e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.) Familiar with common security and performance pattern (e.g.: OATH)
- Expertise in Networking, Multithreading, Database management, Push Notifications et al.
- Using backend REST APIs Parsing JSON and XML
- Effective collaborator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong focus on troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Nice to have:
- Credit card processing and payment gateway
- Health insurance industry
- Familiarity and experience with implementing systems that are HIPAA compliant
- Working with image scanning and related OCR technologies
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.