Senior Back End Developer
Santa Monica, CA
We are looking for a Senior Back End Developer to support an immediate project need for our client located in Santa Monica, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A successful candidate must have strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging music fan experiences.
- The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a design engagement.
- The candidate will also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment.
- A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is a must.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks
- Converting user stories into appealing, highly usable interfaces in a “ just in time” manner
- Engage with the product owner and development team early on to seek a deeper appreciation of the client’ s problem/goals
- Understand and follow the flow from story boarding, wire framing, prototyping to completed application
- Prepare low fidelity prototypes for internal review and brain storming
- Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype
- Capable of working directly with clients and the development team in an agile manner to dramatically improve the prototypes in a short time
- Troubleshoot and assist in the build of systems integrations with various other consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, etc)
- Create technical documentation
- 6+ years of work experience in software design and development, and hands-on experience in building large-scale UI/web applications
- Technical Skillset:
- ecmascript 6
- CSS3 and HTML5
- Websockets (Vanilla & Socket.io)
- Strong knowledge of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches; knowledge in GraphQL desirable
- Experience integrating enterprise software between various software solutions
- Good knowledge of Mobile platforms (iOS & Android) and device interaction services like location, push notifications, NFC etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with Jenkins Setup CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous delivery)
- Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.