Senior Business Analyst
980 Jolly Road, Suite 300 Remote, CA 19422 US
• Serve as point of contact between business users and technical resources
• Utilize their knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One to drive technology solutions
• Gather, analyze, and document business requirements
• Provide regular status updates and issue escalation to management
• Communicate technical concepts clearly with non-technical personnel across the organization
• Support day-to-day production activities in a complex technical environment consisting of Enterprise One and other off-the-shelf applications, custom applications, SQL databases, and integrations.
• Facilitate IT and User Acceptance Testing of completed solutions
• Adhere to IT General Controls including Change Management
• Organize assignments and priorities, escalating to management, when necessary, to ensure that project deadlines and customer expectations are met
Business/Technical Competencies and Education
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst or equivalent role, preferably with a services organization.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with JD Edwards Enterprise One, preferably version 9.2 with emphasis in Human Resource / HCM including:
• The ability to understand HR business needs and advise on best practices.
• Excellent knowledge of features in HCM applications.
• Detailed knowledge of the E1 modules for Payroll and Human Resources.
• Awareness of payroll systems and practices for both union and non-union employees.
• Success supporting multiple custom & 3rd party application interfaces
• Enterprise One Security – Role Setup, Environment Setup, use of different security types (application, row, etc.), exception management, etc.
• Motivated self-starter, strong attention to detail, with the ability to balance competing priorities.
• Excellent written / verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient writing professional business requirements, test plans, design requirements, user documentation and technical specifications.
• Minimum 7 years experience with different project management methodologies and software development lifecycles, including Agile and Waterfall.
• A proven track record of proactive support and maintenance of enterprise-level applications, including coordination of complex issues amongst internal business teams, IT, and vendors.
• Analytical thinker, able to troubleshoot technical problems and escalate as needed to the proper business or technical resource.
• Adept at identifying and implementing new processes / technologies to increase revenues, improve efficiencies / reduce costs, or reduce risk.
• Experience working with SQL databases and writing SQL queries to analyze data preferred.
• Proficient in MS Office suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio.
• Prefer experience with SQL Server Query Analyzer and SQL Server Enterprise Manager
• Experience working in an environment with ITSM concepts, including change management.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.
Meet Your Recruiter
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Spencer was born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts and contributes 5 years of technical recruiting experience to the team. He earned his bachelor’s degree in Communications from Keene State College in Keene, New Hampshire and has been involved in agency recruiting since 2014. He prides himself on the ability to understand what a candidate truly needs to feel challenged and fulfilled at their next position. This understanding ultimately leads to both a satisfied candidate and a happy client! Spencer is huge Boston sports fan with an intense passion for the Celtics and Red Sox. Other than Boston sports, his other hobbies include playing piano and guitar, which he has been doing for the last 10 years.