Senior Data Engineer
El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to support a direct hire need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Our client is looking for a hands-on data engineer with a start-up mindset that wants to join a dynamic team that is disrupting the healthcare industry.
- Their ideal candidate will be working very closely with our engineering and business stakeholders to propose and roll out a data strategy for the organization.
- They are a startup, and everyone here wears multiple hats, and so will this hire. As we continue grow our business, and our appetite for data insight increases, this role will also continue to expand.
- To begin with the applicants should be a strong hands-on developer with programming experience in languages like SQL, Python, Java and R and collaborate with their product and engineering team in the design and implementation of data engineering tasks.
- The candidate should also have in-depth understanding of real-time data harvesting, parsing, storing and modeling for reporting purposes, and will be responsible for architecture and design of Enterprise Data Hub, Data Lake and Data Catalogs, that are integrated into a converged data landscape to support their business operational objectives.
- The candidate will be hands-on engineer and work alongside engineering and business stakeholders in designing and architecting our data infrastructure from the ground up, to be scalable and secure.
- Implement pipeline and processing jobs for collecting and storing data from disparate systems
- Work with real-time data streams from multiple internal/external sources
- Ensure smooth ongoing operations of various data platforms with high availability while making continuous improvements
- Provide scalable solutions to manage large imports and implement operations procedures as necessary.
- Design robust enterprise data resource management policies including security, backup and recovery, performance monitoring and tuning and high availability
- Participate in peer code reviews and be comfortable in writing high quality documentation about their work
- Evangelize BI team roadmap and help promote insights-driven culture; Bridge-building between analysts, business end users, and tech
- Delivery of solutions that are designed for performance, reporting, and analysis
What they expect:
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- A Developer to Architect, the whole 9 yards. From making the data query able to be driving the data development activities: Engaging with product and business stakeholders in understanding their data needs, design code and test. This is the latitude and freedom of execution you will be getting from this role!
- Demonstrate experience working in large-scale data environments which includes ETL, real-time and batch processing requirements
- Strong data modeling skills (relational, dimensional and flattened) and analytical SQL skills, with attention to detail
- Deep understanding of the importance of data security and compliance (HIPAA, PCI, PII) and use that experience and knowledge in designing and delivering large scale, 24-7, mission-critical data pipelines and features using modern big data architectures
- Has strong interpersonal communication skills; effectively communicates in verbal and written form
- BA/BS in related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Architected secure, scalable, cloud-based solutions that are HIPAA and/or PCI compliant
- Experience integrating data from multiple data sources and file types such as JSON, XMS, CSV and non-traditional data structures
- Knowledge of Java, Node JS, Python
- Hands-on experience with Spark and Athena
- Experience in technologies like Amazon Redshift, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, SQL Server, or advanced analytics tools is a plus
- Knowledge working with GIT or any other version control system.
- Experience working in a fast paced/startup environment
- Masters in CS, Analytics or other related advanced degree program
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.