El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a Sr DevSecOps Engineer to support an immediate need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
- Our client is looking to bring onboard a Senior DevSecOps Engineer to be part of our infrastructure team that manages our cloud platform and services.
- Their infrastructure engineering team members are responsible for design, architecture and maintenance of all cloud-base services that power our development team, and our customer and employee facing web-portals including mobile applications.
- The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevSecOps initiatives.
- Their entire infrastructure is operating on AWS and our technology stack is built on React.js/Redux, NodeJS and Java Spring Boot running on RDS and Elastic Search.
- Their front-end services are powered by CloudFront while our back-end micro-services are containerized and deployed with Docker on AWS ECS.
- You will be responsible for service delivery, reliability, scalability, security, monitoring, and helping define all of this as immutable infrastructure-as-code.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic, passionate professional for a DevSecOps Senior Engineer position with established experience with AWS cloud services, DevOps practices such as build/release management, secure SDLC/DevSecOps practices such as automating security processes in CI/CD pipeline, and general automation.
- This role will help to design, implement, and support cloud solutions and processes leveraged by large number of applications hosted in our environments.
- Your skills are broad - implementing cloud and on-premises solutions for various application architectures, scripting, database and other data services – and you easily transition between those and handle multiple projects and priorities.
- Build and maintain an AWS cloud infrastructure architecture aligning security, compliance, performance and resilience
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external)
- Assess architectures and designs for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives
- Oversee the management and remediation of identified security flaws within our development platforms
- Build and maintain monitoring, auditing, and reporting frameworks that produces artifacts that support security and compliance needs
- Deploy and maintain critical applications on cloud-native microservices architecture.
- Implement automation, effective monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code, thereby increasing the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms.
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments.
- Support and work alongside a cross-functional engineering team on the latest technologies.
- Iterate on best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments.
- Propose, scope, design, and implement various infrastructure architectures.
- Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing throughout the engineering team.
- Have on call responsibilities in rotation with the engineering team.
- Significant knowledge of AWS systems including Organizations, Code*, ECS (EC2 and Fargate), EC2, IAM, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Config, Lambda, Security Groups, RDS, VPCs, WAF, Guard Duty, Inspector, etc.
- Experience implementing and managing CI/CD pipelines across various business units (using Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, SonarQube etc).
- Experience extracting pertinent security data from SIEM solutions and AWS audit, Cloud* logs, SumoLogic and reports
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools, such as TrustedAdvisor, AWS Config, Splunk, Dome9, AlienVault, AlertLogic, Fortinet, Threat Stack, etc.
- Strong understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, Firewalls and networking concepts (VPC, subnetting, VPNs, etc.,)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code using Terraform and Cloud Formation.
- Programming or scripting experience with a popular modern language utilized by above tools along with a drive to automating repetitive tasks using programming languages like Java, Bash, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Effective communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment and experience in maintaining and deploying HA, FT and DR systems at scale.
- Bagging one or more accolades among AWS Certified DevOps Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator.
- Experience working on Healthcare applications and system that operate under HIPAA guidelines.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.