Senior Network Engineer
Woodland Hills 91367
Senior Network Engineer (Network Implementation Engineer)
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual to join our client’ s Network Implementation Team. The position will be responsible for technical ownership & delivery of network infrastructure projects. Requires development & execution of migration plans to seamlessly move our existing network environment to the new modern network, extensive background driving outsource partners in project delivery & strong technical experience in enterprise networks.
- Utilize technical skills to coordinate network enhancements & deployment efforts.
- Develop & implement detailed migration plans including configuration of equipment based on provided designs, ensuring delivery of a quality product meeting client’ s operations, network, and security standards
- Physically install network & security equipment to support designs.
- Turnover implemented work to the operational support teams including operational processes, as-built documentation, & training. Ensure network project documentation is complete & accurate.
- Work with service providers and other team members for the coordination, delivery, & testing of network equipment & circuits.
- Ensure compliance with incident, problem, & change management procedures & standards to ITIL standards
- Position will require travel & out of hours work to complete implementations as required
- Other tasks as deemed necessary or appropriate
- Engineering level experience in 2 of the following: Routing & Switching, Virtualization, Security, Storage, or Voice.
- Proficiency in Firewall configuration & rule creation with Palo Alto firewalls in large scale environments.
- PCNSA & Panorama experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of IP network protocols including BGP & OSPF
- Network security experience with IPSEC, VPN, Cisco ISE, SSL Data Acceleration & optimization
- Proficiency in MLPS, MPLS VPN, WLAN, & VRF-Lite. Knowledge of SD-WAN is a plus
- Proficiency in VoIP technologies
- Ability to create migration plans with minimal disruption to existing network
- Knowledge of scripting & automation technologies (Python, REST APIs, Ansible, Terraform, etc) as applied to Cisco environments
- Knowledge of network technologies utilized in hybrid cloud infrastructures, experience in AWS & GCP a plus
- Solid written, oral, & interpersonal communications skills
- Experienced IT professional with 7+ years overall experience & min of 5 years as a Network Engineer.
- Experience configuring and/or administering firewalls (Palo Alto preferred) (3 years minimum)
- Experience with Cisco Data Centre Technologies including: N7K, N9K, & N2k (2 year minimum)
- Experience interpreting & implementing Network designs in both greenfield & brownfield deployments
- Cisco CCNP Certification or greater in Route/Switch preferred
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification strongly desired.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. (Professional certification & experience may be considered as a supplement to formal education.)