Senior Network Engineer
Woodland Hills, CA
Duties: Support and Maintenance
- Resolve support trouble tickets.
- Provide guidance as required to network providers.
- Work with network vendors and global/regional IT groups to resolve problems compliant with SLAs
- Provide network support and configuration assistance to application teams deploying at public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Support for firewalls and the remote access environment, including client VPN.
- Support for identify management technologies including Active Directory, two factor authentication, Radius and PEAP.
- Maintain high quality network documentation.
- Maintain and implement high quality operational standards, processes and procedures.
- Maintain network redundancy, backup and recovery processes, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Build partnerships and trust with other information technology areas, vendor technical staffs, and customers in the business units.
- Secondary support as required for Office 365 when primary support team members are unavailable.
- Participate in on-call rotation, and as such, work out of standard business hours will occasionally be required. Operational Stability
- Coordinate and schedule changes to the operational environment with other UMG business unit IT groups and network vendors, ensuring adequate tests are carried out prior to enhancements, upgrades, and other network changes.
- Support of the Design and Build teams within UMG for large projects.
- Assist in the implementation of new networks and upgrades while ensuring they are compliant to UMG standards.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service.
- Maintain & enhance knowledge of key technologies.
- Working knowledge, understanding, and experience with most of the following:
o Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wifi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
o Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc)
o MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
o Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto firewalls)
o VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Avaya)
o Remote Access solutions (client VPN, small office VPN, business to business VPN)
o Network security (firewalls and security monitoring)
o Network connectivity to Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, etc)
o Network performance analysis and reporting
o Incident, Change and Problem Management processes within an ITIL based framework.
o Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS, Cisco ACS, Radius, PEAP)
o Microsoft Networking, public and private DNS, DHCP.
o Network monitoring and troubleshooting (PRTG, Nagios, MRTG, Netflow, SNMP, Wireshark, Riverbed ATX)
o Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
o Microsoft Office 365 & Visio Professional
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to work effectively within and across teams, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with people from different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
- A minimum of 4 to 7 years diverse WAN & LAN support experience in a global network environment.
- International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. (Professional certification and experience may be considered as a supplement to formal education.)
- Cisco Certification preferred (CCNP or higher).
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification strongly desired and/or 9-12 years of ITIL Best Practices experience