Senior Software Developer, Client-side Calling
San Fransisco, CA
We are looking for a remote Sr Software Engineer (VOIP/Telephony) to support an immediate need for our client located in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use clean, modern C++ (17/20) to implement new calling features for our users
- Improve call quality and reliability
- Own and Implement new features, monitoring, and analytics
- Investigate, debug, and resolve challenging calling issues in production code
- Design and re-architect our codebase to keep it modern and maintainable
- Learn the latest versions of Swift and Kotlin, in order to integrate our calling stack into our iOS and Android applications
- Creator of cool with with a strong desire to continue learning new technologies and ways of getting work done.
- Brilliant and collaberative with a desire to collaborate with a talented team that works together to amplify each other and our output.
- Takes action and ownership with a proven ability to quickly design, implement, and iterate on effective solutions against an agile and fast-moving codebase.
- Is respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to take action, advocate new ideas or solutions, and always be working on behalf of our customers.
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves to deep dive and own challenging problems, who will want to learn new languages and protocols, and who will want to move their skills and knowledge forward.
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and effective in solving very technical problems for a large number of users.
- 3+ years of experience with C++
- Knowledge of modern C++ (C++11/14/17/20) or have a strong interest in learning modern C++
- Knowledge of WebRTC, and/or SIP is considered an asset
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.