Senior Software Engineer, Backend Calling
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a remote Sr Calling Platform Engineer (VOIP/Telephony) to support an immediate need for our client located in San Francisco, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be part of the calling innovation team
- Design and build new calling-related features for our users
- Improve call quality
- Improve scalability and performance
- Production problem investigation and resolution
- Maintain and refactor production codebase
- Perform as tech lead in full-cycle product focused project groups
- You will participate in on-call rotation, being responsible for company’ s uptime and supporting the application
- Creator of cool with a passion for leveraging Golang, C++ or other strongly typed language
- Brilliant and collaborative with good experience working with VoIP
- Someone who takes action and ownership with calling platform products like OpenSIPS or FreeSWITCH
- Respectfully candid with the ability to motivate people to focus on working on behalf of our customers
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who loves working with microservices, REST API, RPC or other client/server paradigms
- Resourceful and scrappy with the ability to be strategic and roll up your sleeves and execute
- Proficient in Golang, C++ or other strongly typed language
- Proficient in cloud computing, preferably experiences in AWS
- Ability to apply design principles and methodologies for building scalable and high-performance backend components
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.