Senior Software Engineer (Magento)
Culver City, CA
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Magento) to support an immediate need for our client located in Culver City, CA.
This position will be remote.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute directly to the development of the e-commerce cannabis delivery platform on their website.
- The technology stack includes a cannabis specific point-of-sale and ERP system, the website is built with Magento Commerce 2 and Vue Storefront, and an integration layer between these systems and other SaaS services - all running in AWS.
- Contribute to the development of company’ s state-of-the-art cannabis delivery platform
- Work closely with business partners in operations, product, marketing, and logistics to successfully deliver new features and projects
- Develop integrations between Magento and other systems
- Lead the development of new features and functionality on the Magento platform
- Embody our Company Values: Accountability is sacred, Make our customers proud, Ultimate teammates, Scrappy mindset, Excellence wins
- At least 5 years of experience delivering software solutions as an individual contributor
- Proven experience running a high-traffic Magento 2 e-commerce website
- Significant experience building modern e-commerce solutions on Magento 2
- Deep understanding of running Magento on AWS
- Familiarity with the Magento extension ecosystem
- Significant experience with backend languages and frameworks
- Experience with containerization technologies
- Experience with database platforms such as MySQL
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, related field, or applicable experience
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Experience working with in-house teams and outside vendors
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves no matter what the task requires
- Excellent written and verbal communication tailored to appropriate audiences
- Ability to perform in a fast-moving, high-stress environment
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, continuous integration, and deployment
- Experience automating infrastructure-as-a-service using technologies such as CloudFormation
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.