Senior Software Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
- Lead: Develop, test, document, and maintain core production systems & processes for client engagements and R&D initiatives.
- Communicate: Lead technical architecture discussions, drive team alignment on technical decisions, and explain complex topics to non-technical members of the team.
- Teach: Mentor junior engineers and encourage the professional/technical growth of fellow team members.
- Collaborate: Be responsible for the success of one or more projects, and work closely with the Product and Design teams to build new features.
- Grow: Actively contribute to team and company standards.
- 5+ years of experience working on backend systems. You have shipped production systems, and preferably built a few from the ground up.
- A solid grounding in computer science, with strong experience in a few of the following: software design patterns, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, security, networking, data modeling, data processing, information retrieval.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases in general.
- Experience with DevOps, working with infrastructure as code, and CI/CD tooling
- Experience with RESTful and preferably GraphQL API design.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture and cloud computing
- Good knowledge of software testing principles.
Technologies we use:
- Node.Js, Express, React, Relay, GraphQL.
- MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ.
- AWS, Docker, Terraform.