Senior Technical Manager
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our client that is a successful Telecommunications company headquartered in San Francisco, CA and an office in Ontario, Canada
- REMOTE and full-time position. You can live in the U.S. and Canada
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our client is based around a simple idea: Communication belongs to everyone. They work hard to help people stay connected by offering a solution that makes phone service free. They work together to solve complex and interesting problems that have a positive impact on their customers lives.
Join them in their mission to help people stay connected with technology that is free (or as close to free as possible.)
As a Development Manager, you will work on a highly scaled distributed system that receives hundreds of millions of calls/messages and terabytes of raw data in real-time per day. Facing some of the most difficult challenges in modern software engineering, your team will power the core of a system relied on every day by millions of users. They leverage cutting-edge tools, software, and open-source, where it makes sense. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary, fast environment, you will find this role highly rewarding.
Teams are small, and they look for keen and talented leaders who are individual contributors with a desire and passion for leading and mentoring others. You can expect to spend at least half your time providing technical leadership through architecture discussions, code reviews, and setting best practices, with the remainder of your time split between people management and hands-on development.
- Lead a team of engineers in developing elegant solutions to complex problems
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance using their gRPC microservices framework
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle
- Foster a culture of fast iteration and experimentation, balanced by a long-term technical vision
- Provide code reviews and architectural leadership while coaching and mentoring team members to enable them to achieve a high level of success
- Work closely and cross-functionally with other leaders to align technical vision to product and operational needs and contribute to design and architecture decisions
- Take part in an on-call rotation to maintain their users’ trust
- Creator of cool things with ownership of the technical delivery of company’ s iOS, Android, Web and Backend services and APIs to support current and future business objectives
- Brilliant, but not a jerk with the ability to partner with other engineering leaders and product leaders to define, deliver, and implement scalable strategies to meet Product launches and business initiatives
- Someone who takes action and ownership with a 5+ years of proven experience growing employees through career development, coaching, and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential. You' ll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives. Most of all, ensure employees are having fun with their work
- Respectfully candid with the ability to lead and grow a team of passionate engineers to join our distributed team
- A bold risk-taker and self-starter who can collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. You will operate and maintain company’ s client applications and supporting foundational services
- Resourceful and scrappy with 10+ years of experience of building highly scalable consumer facing applications and helping to guide teams through tech choices in order to deliver resilient, highly available services
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business