Senior iOS Engineer
Culver City, CA
- Work with a small team to build a pleasant user experience on all Apple platforms.
- Develop new applications from the ground up using Objective-C and Swift.
- Maintain and modernize existing Applications on both macOS and iOS.
- Convert older code to Swift as necessary.
- Design and write proposals for API, SDK, and other internal programming interfaces.
- Develop frameworks to be shared and used by several applications.
- Provide support when necessary for the products you are working on.
- Write software that communicates with other systems over the network, or with hardware APIs.
- Profile and identify security flaws, performance problems, compatibility issues, and user-facing bugs.
- Participate in the full mobile application development lifecycle
- Develop, test, and deploy user interface, service tier, and data tier components for complex mobile applications
- Code, debug, test, and maintain applications to meet requirements
- Contribute to design of new functionality and expand existing functionality for iOS applications
- Communicate with clients and collaborate with project managers, developers, and UI/UX designers
- Have a BS or MS in a technical field or relevant work experience.
- Have extensive experience writing either Objective-C or Swift code, and the ability to read and interpret both languages.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Extensive background working with SQL based database application.
- Be able to work effectively in team environments with people from diverse technical backgrounds (e.g. software, hardware, and marketing).
- Have advanced knowledge of how iOS, macOS, and Unix systems work under the hood.
- Understand software engineering practices such as version control, code reviews, and testing.
- Learn quickly and have a keen eye for detail, with the ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and work well in high-pressure situations.
- Have good communication and writing skills, as they relate to communicating ideas/requirements, and writing proposals/documentation as needed.
- Be available to work during extended hours including weekends if required.