Software Engineer - Frontend
Culver City, CA
We are looking for a Software Engineer – Frontend to join our client that is an e-Commerce Cannabis delivery company based out of Los Angeles, CA.
- Fully remote and can site anywhere in the US
Our client is an e-commerce cannabis delivery business that is reinventing the way consumers purchase and consume cannabis. They are a team of bright, driven, and experienced e-commerce operators from companies including Amazon, Disney, Bird, Nike, MedMen, Weedmaps, Target and more.
They are looking to bring trust, reliability, and customer obsession to an industry that, for the most part, lacks all of the above. They are well-funded ($12 million seed, raised in 2020) and backed by some of the most influential businesses and individuals in cannabis. Sounds like fun? Come join their team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are looking for passionate engineers who value problem solving, collaboration, and an eagerness to experiment. Their ideal candidate is driven to learn, grow, and make a direct impact on the customer experience. You know that the success of the company lies in the strength of the team, and you are excited to collaborate with other engineers. Our client has strategic partnerships with innovative firms and technology providers in the industry that will help drive a delightful experience for the customer.
As a Software Engineer on their team, you will contribute directly to the development of their e-commerce platform.
Their technology stack includes AWS, Magento 2, Vue Storefront, and Treez (a cannabis-specific point-of-sale and ERP system). They are looking for a self-starting engineer who wants to shape the next generation of e-commerce cannabis delivery software.
- Contribute to the development of company’ s state of the art cannabis delivery platform
- Contribute to the development of their Vue Storefront application
- Develop integrations with Magento and other back-end systems
- Work closely with business partners in operations, product, marketing, and logistics to successfully deliver new features and projects
- Embody their Company Values:
- Accountability is sacred,
- Make our customers proud,
- Ultimate teammates,
- Scrappy mindset,
- Excellence wins
- At least 3+ years of experience delivering software solutions
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, related field, or applicable experience
- Significant experience with VueJS
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Knowledge of software engineering practices such as version control, branching, code reviews, continuous integration, and deployment
- Experience building high-traffic web applications
- Strong experience with Express
- Strong experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Strong experience implementing mobile-first responsive web applications
- Strong experience translating designs into working web applications
- Strong experience integrating with various backend APIs and services
- Excellent written and verbal communication tailored to appropriate audiences
- Nice-to-have: experience with Vue Storefront
- Nice-to-have: experience with Progressive Web Application architecture
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business