Sr Java Developer
El Segundo, CA
We are looking for a Senior Java Engineer to support a direct hire need for our client located in El Segundo, CA.
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a start-up mindset and a passion to thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be working alongside a dynamic team that’ s disrupting the healthcare industry.
The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of software design patterns, architecture principles and should consider non-functional requirements (like Performance, Security, and Integration for web applications) when proposing their solution to the team members.
- Performs maintenance and enhancements on existing applications and writes high-quality code that adheres to agreed standards and strives to helps with improvements of standards.
- Demonstrate aptitude for code reuse, minimize code maintenance efforts and reduce accrual of technical debt.
- Design and implement applications with emphasis on performance, scalability, and stability.
- Collaborate with peer developers, QA and DevOps in ensuring delivery of high-quality code to production.
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- The works (Java 8, SQL, NoSQL, JUnit, Bash, Tomcat, Git, Maven, Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Solid understanding of software design patterns.
- Developer with strong analytical and technical ability with over 5 to 8 years of experience in software design and development.
- At least 3-5 years in Java REST Framework programming using Spring and/or Spring Boot, Hibernate.
- Micro-service architecture using Spring Boot
- Effective collaborator with both non-technical and technical team members.
- Excellent communicator who can articulate technical design trade-offs with team members.
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS products and services (CLI, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda etc.)
- Working with Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines involving Docker
- Experience integrating DevOps practices into SDLC
- Experience with API integration with credit card processing and payment gateway providers
- Experience working in Health Insurance business domain and understands building applications that are in compliance with HIPAA, PCI, PII
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.