Sr Systems Engineer
500 S Buena Vista St Burbank, CA 91521
We are looking for a Sr Systems Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large Entertainment Studio in Burbank, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Experience working in media production environments
• Experience with Automation and scripting (Ansible, Bash, PowerShell, Batch and Python) • Strong knowledge of Systems Monitoring, Reporting, and Logging systems (e.g. Zabbix, Grafana)
• Operating systems and systems management (e.g. Linux, Windows Server, OSX)
• Strong experience with Microsoft Active Directory
• Local and Networked File Systems (e.g. SMB, NFS, CIFS)
• Experience with Quantum and Isilon storage systems
• Server and client backup technologies
• Virtualization (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V)
• Strong experience with Azure and AWS
• Experience with Office 365
• High speed data transport applications (Aspera, Signiant)
• Data center, network, and application architectures
• Systems Security (e.g. key management, encryption, vulnerability management)
• Network Troubleshooting and configuration for Firewalls (Cisco, Meraki and Palo Alto), switches (Arista, Cisco, Juniper and Meraki) and Access Points (Aruba, Cisco and Meraki)
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally (valid US Passport required)
1. Ongoing show support. Specific MPP shows.
2. Experience in a Media Production Environment.
3. Ansible and Puppet are key, everything else can be learned. Puppet Automation is more key.
4. Experience with Monitory tools (think like Data Dog)
5. Active Directory- critical.
6. Storage system. Isilon is more important than Quantum (nice to have)
7. Azure or AWS or both. This can be learned. Some experience will be good.
8. Aspera and Signiant- will get exposed to it. Experience with one or the other is fine but the qualified candidate will have experience with at least one.
9. Network experience- The qualified candidate will need to interface and know the standards.
10. Must be able to travel Domestically and Internationally.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business