Sr. Service Desk Analyst
The Sr. Service Desk Analyst (Service Desk Analyst III) is responsible for monitoring multiple customer sites at any one time and providing basic Layer 1-3 troubleshooting of both network and systems. Responsibilities include ticket management and all forms of client communications. The Service Desk Analyst should understand both network, server, and end-user environments, with a basic troubleshooting and diagnostics aptitude.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Allocates resources to address all trouble tickets, scheduled maintenance and projects
- Manages multiple tasks and issues and coordinate activities amongst various engineers and other IT departments
- Manage customer relationships and address customer escalations
- Participates in patching of both Linux and Microsoft operating systems
- High school diploma or equivalent
A minimum of 5-7 years of experience supporting and monitoring network systems, servers or storage in an enterprise service desk environment
Understanding of key network monitoring protocols including SNMP, Netflow, WMI, syslog, etc.
Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations
Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information systems using a variety of tools (i.E. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must be amenable to additional hours and days beyond regular schedule to provide time-off coverage for co-workers on short notice.
- Demonstrated skill in working effectively with people of all technical levels including conflict resolution, collaborative problem solving, and responsive customer service is required.
- Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred
- Advanced Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications (CCNA, MCSA, etc.)
- Experience monitoring VMWare clusters in high-availability environments