Sr. Systems Administrator
The Skills You Will Gain:
- Experience maintaining, engineering, and architecting cutting-edge, dynamic solutions
- The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers along with technical delivery architects & engineers
- Learn the major product lines that the company offers and how that technology performs for customers
- Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners
- Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams
- Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends
- Opportunity to become a solutions architect and/or if desired take on leadership roles & responsibilities within a fast-growing organization
- Fame, Fortune, Glory The sky is the limit!
What Your Typical Day Will Be:
- You will provide multi-technology consulting services to clients to analyze and provide strategies and solutions on all aspects of data center systems, infrastructure and related technology components
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with Virtual environments up to and including; Operating Systems, Hardware, Storage Systems, Disaster Recovery systems, Orchestration, and basic LAN technologies.
- Provision virtual machines as necessary, allocate resources, perform capacity planning, and monitor both network and systems usage
- Ability to document all work actions as required by the company and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with the company, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and remediate technical issues
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring to The Table:
- Bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction in virtual environments (VMware)
- Intimate knowledge of complex system and solution architectures
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.E. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC).
- Advanced knowledge of VMware applications
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking, Storage technologies, operating systems
- Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills.
- VMware VCAP or equivalent preferred, VCP or equivalent required.