Support Services Engineer
6263 N Scottsdale Rd , Unit 255 Scottsdale, AZ 85250 US
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
• Diagnose and remediate common server, networking and end-user issues at various client sites.
• Complete standard maintenance tasks as detailed in monthly checklists and industry best practices.
• Work with end user service requests, from password resets to complex troubleshooting and/or new user setups.
• Assist in managing NOC-type alerts for outages and other server and/or network issues.
• Improve and maintain documentation of client environments
• Implement and assist client projects by drawing upon a variety of prior technical experience.
• Maintain 80% target total utilization (average), 65% billable.
• Escalate issues promptly to Service Desk Lead, Engineering Team, or Manager. • Participate in on-call rotation, one week at a time (minimal work typically)
• 4+ years desktop administration experience in a MSP environment.
• 4+ years helpdesk or remote telephone support.
• 4+ years operating systems experience (Windows, Mac, Linux)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Must be well rounded in many areas such as AD, DNS, Server and Workstation operating systems, Exchange mailboxes, O365 administration, network printing, backup software, wireless, handheld devices, hardware troubleshooting, virus remediation, group policy, Internet connectivity, VMware vSphere client usage, understanding of Terminal/RDS server, and more.
• Microsoft, HDI and/or ITIL certifications preferred
• Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Successful at working in a team culture with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Possess valid drivers’ license.
• Supervision expected from IT Manager. Support Services Engineer should be self-motivated with strong work ethic and values.
• Service tickets, project tasks, and daily escalation of technical issues may be assigned to the Service Desk on a regular basis, approved by the IT Manager, Team Lead, Field Engineering, and/or Project Manager.
• Support Services Engineer may have several MSP clients assigned with prescheduled remote maintenance checklists.
• Minimal supervision exercised outside of positive employee stewardship and expecting the same from other peers.
Daily/regular interaction with team members (Service Desk, NOC, Field Engineers, Management) and a variety of clients and new prospects. Must refer questions or concerns outside own knowledge area to other team members in order to achieve client satisfaction.
Must be able to lift, carry, and reposition all parts of user workstations, network appliances, and printers. Consecutive hours spent at a time sitting in front of computer monitor and using keyboard and mouse are required.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Carlos has recruited in multiple sector’s including Accounting & Finance, HR, Convention Services, and Supply Chain & Logistics. Carlos has a passion for helping others make life changing career moves. Most recently Carlos made his own move into Technology where he plans to apply his 6 years of experience. On his off time, you will find Carlos playing adult league baseball on Sundays and grilling food on the weekends with his friends and family. He also, volunteers with JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates) and speaks to high school students on how to build out resumes for entry level positions.