- Bachelor s degree in computer science, information systems or a related field, or equivalent corporate or military training.
- A minimum of five (5) years of Microsoft Operating systems and related technologies including, IIS, SQL, Active Directory, Exchange, Office products and patching technologies
- MCSE certification required
- 4+ Years of Experience working with Virtualization Platforms such as VMware and Microsoft HyperV with background in deploying High Availability Clustering in vCenter or SCCM
- VMware VCP required
- 3+ years managing Linux or UNIX based systems
- 5+ years working in a 24/7 environment
- 5+ years experience with VMware and virtualization technologies
- 5+ years experience with storage technologies, NAS & SAN
- 3+ years experience with Citrix product support
- Strong experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction in virtual environments
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Proficient in one or more scripting languages: Python, PHP, Perl, Unix Shell Script, PowerShell, or similar
- Openstack Nova experience ideal but not required.
- Experience working with Storage Appliances such as HPe Nimble, EMC, NetApp and others.
- An Ideal candidate should have experience with Hyper Converged (HCI) environments.
- Active Directory background experience including forest migrations. Powershell scripting for Server 2012/2016 core environments preferred.
- SaaS, PaaS experience with AWS or Azure. P2C, V2C workload migration experience ideal but not required.
- Implement and adopt server security (hardening) best practices.
- Working experience implementing backup solutions such as Veeam, Arcserve and others.
- Experience performing Windows Failover Clustering for roles such as File Server, Storage Replica.
- Experience in F5/Kemp/Netscaler Load balancers ideal
- Intimate knowledge of complex system and solution architectures
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations. Previous client facing support/experience preferred.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues.
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.E. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Ability to travel up to 20%, when needed
- Advanced knowledge of VMware applications
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking, Storage technologies, operating systems
- Manufacturer certifications (Cisco, Juniper, HP, etc.) for technical knowledge and product-specific skills
- VMware VCAP or equivalent preferred
- Current EMC certifications are highly desirable but not required
- Certification and/or experience working in an ITIL or IT Service Management environment preferred