Voice and Network Engineer
San Diego, CA
Opportunity to be a subject matter expert and/or if desired take on leadership roles & responsibilities within a fast-growing organization.
A successful candidate will be self-disciplined, work well on individual tasks in a team environment, and be able to work well and communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations.
This role offers the following growth opportunity:
- Experience engineering and architecting cutting-edge, dynamic solutions
- The opportunity to learn and collaborate with an advanced team of solution architects and pre-sales engineers along with technical delivery architects & engineers
- Learn the major product lines (Commercial, Healthcare, Education and Government) and how that technology performs for customers
- Experience and professional level certifications with top manufacturing partners
- Build credibility and strengthen relationships with manufacturer partner teams
- Gain insights into industry, technology, and customer trends
- You will provide technical ownership and execute all phases of voice and LAN projects including technical discovery, configuration templates, PBX and switch configuration, VoIP services and phone configuration, administration, user acceptance testing, signoff documentation and customer-facing training.
- Represent the technical engineering team in client meetings on a regular basis, answering customer questions about the solution and project progress.
- Diagnosing and correcting technical problems with Voice, Paging, LAN, WAN, and WLAN network components, and end-device network clients (including handheld devices)
- Maintain and troubleshoot networking systems including but not limited to VoIP services, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless systems and end-user network clients
- Install, configure and test of updates and upgrades to Voice and network hardware and software
- Ability to document all work actions as required and clients in accordance with standard policies and procedures
- Work with internal, client and third-party technical and service teams to maintain, troubleshoot and connect technical issues
- Perform basic systems testing and operational tasks for a wide variety of network systems
- Support multiple technical systems in 24 x 7 environment operational environments with high uptime requirements. Varied shift schedules may include day, night and weekend hours
- A minimum of five (5) years of full-time experience performing installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and error correction on a variety of Voice, network, LAN, WAN and WLAN technologies, including but not limited to routers, switches, wireless controllers, wireless access points and end-device network clients
- Cisco CCNA Collaboration certification required
- Working knowledge of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unified Voice, Cisco Unified Communication Manager or Avaya equivalents is required
- Experience with VoIP and paging system cutovers and major VoIP upgrades, core switching migrations, and supervisor replacements
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP protocols and implementation
- Working knowledge of general client and server operating systems and back-office applications, including but not limited to the Microsoft Windows Operating System (multiple versions), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
- Strong communication skills in the English language, with the ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel in high-stress situations
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner on multiple tasks or projects, with excellent organizational and time-management skills
- High level of professionalism, particularly working with and assisting clients with technical questions and issues
- Ability to produce and maintain documentation of information security systems using a variety of tools (i.E. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint, etc.)
- Must meet all requirements to obtain a Federal Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration certification highly preferred
- Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching certification or Juniper equivalent preferred
- Avaya certifications highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge Cisco IOS, and Cisco Nexus OS
- Experience in HP and Brocade switching equipment is preferred
- Working knowledge of IP internetworking/IP routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), Quality of Service (QoS), IP multicast, etc.
- Manufacturer certifications for technical knowledge and product-specific skills