Web Developer II
- Build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our Shopify storefronts and interfaces to integral systems and technologies, including but not limited to order management system, warehouses, and financial systems.
- Globalize our Shopify ecosystem by modifying existing Shopify apps and interfaces to meet territory specific requirements or developing new Shopify apps and interfaces as needed.
- Build systems integrations with various other consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech).
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story’ s acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation.
- Solid understanding of Shopify and general eCommerce technologies.
- Proficiency in responsive design principles.
- Strong knowledge of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches.
- Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated.
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design/develop code for testability.
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a fast-paced agile environment.
- 3-5 years Shopify backend & frontend development with focus on backend– Shopify Plus experience a plus, one or more provable Shopify certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of ecomm technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, OMS, IMS, WMS, payment, tax engine, etc.).
- Front end frameworks React, Shopify’ s Polaris and jQuery.
- Task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp/Grunt/Webpack/etc. Containerization, docker, docker-compose, swarm, Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating with REST/GraphQL/3rd party libraries.
- Data applications using Fetch/AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content.
- Auth technologies a plus: SAML/OAuth/OpenID.
- Proficiency with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL/MariaDB.
- A strong understanding of database management and performant database design.
- Version control systems (Bitbucket/GitHub).
- Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Github, and BitBucket.
- Bachelor’ s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Minimum 3-5 years web development experience (experience in media/entertainment industry is a plus
- Minimum 3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)