Windows Systems Administrator
1683 Walnut Grove Avenue Rosemead, CA 91770
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to support a project for our client that is a large restaurant chain in Los Angeles, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
• Responsible for the installation, configuration, ongoing monitoring, and administration of Windows Server Operating System 2008-2019 and its related software.
• Manages Group Policy Objects (GPO) throughout the Active Directory across different domains in the MS Windows environment.
• Troubleshoots Windows Server performance issues and reviews server logs for root cause analysis with recommended solutions. Resolves escalated Windows and server applications incident tickets, serving as part of the after-hours support on a rotating basis.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining Organization Units (OU) and managing user security using group policies according to company guidelines
• Responsible for keeping servers fully patched, including hot fixes, according to the MS patch monthly release cycle and company guidelines.
• Develops and maintains system level documentation for the support of business processes.
• Participates in the quarterly disaster recovery test and conducts system maintenance activities.
• Cross trains other team members within and across IS teams to ensure knowledge of the Windows Systems.
• Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
• Minimum five years of system administration experience in a Windows Server environment, including experience administering in Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO) and network-related services, such as Domain Name Service (DNS), DHCP, etc.
• MCSA Certifications required
• Successful completion of annual store training
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business