Windows Systems Engineer (Hybrid)
1683 Walnut Grove Avenue Rosemead, CA 91770 US
We are looking for a Windows Systems Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large restaurant chain in Los Angeles, CA.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required.
- Minimum five years of system administration experience in a Windows Server environment, including experience administering in Microsoft Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO), PowerShell scripting and network-related services, such as Domain Name Service (DNS), DHCP, etc.
- Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate and/or MCSA Certifications required
- Successful completion of annual store training
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card that includes name, type of vaccine provided, and date of last dose administered.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating System
- Thorough knowledge of Windows Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy Objects (GPO) and strong technical installation skills
- Knowledge of managing a multi-domain network
- Understanding of routing protocol (EIGRP, OSPF)
- Thorough knowledge of various server hardware (Cisco UCS, Dell PowerEdge, and HP)
- Knowledge of Cisco Systems, Fortinet, etc.
- Knowledge of VMware, VPN routing, and Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Strong computer/technology skills and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong project and financial management skills
- Strong analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication (oral and written), listening, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Ability to manage network. system equipment, and networking facilities
- Ability to write and use PowerShell scripts to automate different Windows tasks
- Ability to think strategically and build consensus
- Ability to serve as a role model within the IS department
- Ability to solve complex problems independently
- Ability to perform routine server maintenance or handle network emergencies
- Ability to work positively with other departments and Operations (“win/win”)
- Ability to embrace change and continuous learning
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada, Carlos has recruited in multiple sector’s including Accounting & Finance, HR, Convention Services, and Supply Chain & Logistics. Carlos has a passion for helping others make life changing career moves. Most recently Carlos made his own move into Technology where he plans to apply his 6 years of experience. On his off time, you will find Carlos playing adult league baseball on Sundays and grilling food on the weekends with his friends and family. He also, volunteers with JAG (Jobs for America’s Graduates) and speaks to high school students on how to build out resumes for entry level positions.