Product Manager (Senior or Mid-level)
Culver City, CA
We are looking for a Product Manager (Senior or mid-level) to join our client that is an e-Commerce Cannabis delivery company based out of Los Angeles, CA.
- This position will be remote until after the pandemic
Our client is an e-commerce cannabis delivery business that is reinventing the way consumers purchase and consume cannabis. They are a team of bright, driven, and experienced e-commerce operators from companies including Amazon, Disney, Bird, Nike, MedMen, Weedmaps, Target and more.
They are looking to bring trust, reliability, and customer obsession to an industry that, for the most part, lacks all of the above. They are well-funded ($12 million seed, raised in 2020) and backed by some of the most influential businesses and individuals in cannabis. Sounds like fun? Come join their team!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
They’ re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead company through our next phase of growth. You will be responsible for understanding and driving the end-to-end user experience. This opening is for a mid to Senior-level individual contributor, reporting directly to the VP of Product & Design.
This role requires a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to get things done. The ideal candidate will couple deep intellectual capacity and analytical rigor with creativity around go-to-market strategy and customer experience. They’ re looking for Product Managers who are passionate about advocating on behalf of users, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and are looking to join a team with a clear mission and purpose.
You are detail-driven, with a strong technical background and excellent problem-solving skills. You are organized and proactively work with other business units to identify opportunities for growth. You learn from your mistakes, and you love working with really smart people. You have a solid understanding of Product Management fundamentals and deep experience managing technology development in JIRA. You are comfortable briefing senior leadership, even when you have bad news; you can communicate effectively with business and technical teams both verbally and in writing. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative environment, jumps at the opportunity to work on impactful and complex problems, and constantly seeks out new challenges, then this is a great role for you!
Key responsibilities include:
- Serve as Product Owner for our rapidly-growing engineering team
- Identify, analyze, decompose, and prioritize requirements to maximize efficiency of new feature development
- Manage Product-led scrum ceremonies such as Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning
- Work directly with the VP of Product to define product vision, prioritize the product roadmap, and identify opportunities for growth
- Refine our best-in-class ecommerce product to ensure a delightful first-time and returning customer user experience
In this role, you can expect to:
- Work closely with Operations, Design, Marketing, Analytics and Engineering to transform your ideas into compelling product experiences
- Design and implement A/B tests to optimize every part of the user experience - from email and SMS communications to product discovery, commerce, delivery, and more
- Hone your strategic thinking - work with our data team to improve the user experience and help senior leadership make data-driven decisions
- Lead, manage and develop highly functional teams, ensuring flawless execution that is scalable and sustainable
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research to identify product opportunities and prioritize your roadmap
- Get your hands dirty and drive the product development process for your product from ideation to launch to impact analysis, collaborating with many teams along the way
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- A deep understanding of customer needs, and strong motivation to tackle their problems
- An owner’ s mindset - you don’ t shy away from the hard stuff
- Experience managing product teams and integrating a diverse set of partners and processes into a cohesive product
- Strong analytical skills, and experience with data analysis tools like Sigma
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design and revolve their pain points
- Strong collaboration skills in team environments but able to act quickly as the decision-maker
- 4+ years experience building consumer-facing products with a clear track record of success
- Deep expertise in the cannabis space, or a clearly demonstrated interest in the industry
- A sense of urgency and the ability to achieve impact in a fast-paced environment
- A growth mindset -- you live and breathe experimentation and ruthlessly focus on impact
- A strong understanding of current product best-practice and opinions on where product is going next
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally across teams to prioritize and build products that delight customers and deliver on company goals
- A strong analytical orientation -- a focus on data driven decision making and the ability to measure success
- A solid design and technical understanding such that you can engage with your counterparts in collaborative and productive manner
- A STEM undergraduate and/or master’ s degree (preferred)
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business.