2600 9th Street N , Ste 500 St Petersburg, FL 33704
We are looking for a Site-Reliability Engineer to support a project for our client that is a large merchant processing company in St Petersburg, FL.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve our processes.
- Communicate to the executive team on the architectural approach that has been taken in our GCP landscape.
- Present architecture via presentations and clear diagrams depictions.
- Breakdown the architecture into tangible tasks for a developer to execute in an Agile format.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health.
- Improve observability, reliability, and quality of our suite of software solutions.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for our rapidly growing new business units.
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such as Golang, Python, or Java
- Experience with Hyper Ledger blockchain technology
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes, GKE a plus
- Strong familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and related Google service offerings
- GitHub, GitLab, Confluence and Jira experience a must.
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- A desire to take ownership of a new and growing production environment.
Kinect provides career advice and advancement to tech professionals while providing best in class support to our clients. Kinect specializes in roles in software and applications, IT infrastructure and operations. We provide contract and project resources to a broad range of organizations on a national basis. Contact us to see how Kinect can help you further your career goals.
Kinect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal requirements, Kinect complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company conducts business